College Football National Champions
Which teams will be the next National Champion? Will it be Alabama or one of the other South Eastern Conference teams? After all, the south eastern conference does have three out of the top five teams that are favored to win this year. The odds used in this article come from the Vegas insider these are not my odds. This is shaping up to be another controversial year for the BCS. You hear a lot of squabbling going on in college football about which conference is dominant. Am I missing something or do the numbers speak for themselves. The south eastern conference have etched their names into the history books of college football national champions the last seven years and unless somebody comes up with something to stop them then it looks like they are going to win number eight. Let’s take a look at the top five favorites who are in this year’s running for the to become the next National Champion.
The History of College Football National Champions
The title of College Football National Champions is the highest honor an NCAA division 1 football team can achieve each year. The crowning of College Football National Champions has been going on every year (excluding 1871) since 1869. There have been two teams named as college football national champions the same year on eighteen different occasions and a few other years were questionable. There have been approximately 349 national champions but the five teams with the Most College Football National Championships are Princeton at 28 times, Yale at 27 times, Michigan at 22 times, Notre Dame at 22 times, and Alabama at 19 times. Over the years there have been many disputes on who should be crowned the national champion but since the introduction of the BCS, every year the winner of the BCS Championship is considered the National Champion. Many people believe that the teams chosen to play in the BCS National Championship game may not be the deserving teams so maybe with the playoff system that has been chosen to begin next year that this will help calm some of the Nay Sayers. Chances are there will always be controversy surrounding this issue but College Football will always be a sport loved by so many people. College Football has been for so many years and will continue to be what defines the competitive spirit of all Americans. Next we will look at the College Football National Championship Odds for the top five teams. These five teams are very deserving to play in the 2013 College Football National Championship.
Who will be the next College Football National Champion ?
• At 5/1 odds, Alabama has to be considered the favorite to be this years BCS National Championship 2013. The reason they get the number one spot is because of Nick Saban. He has better assistants than many, recruits better than most, and teaches better than anyone. He expects the very best out of his assistants and players then disciplines them when he doesn’t receive it. Everything is business to this man. The Crimson Tide look as good this year as they did last year and that’s another reason they have to be the favorite. Watching this video and seeing what their offense does and knowing that they are a defensive team it should scare anyone.
• Then at 8/1 odds, we have the Oregon Ducks. Oregon has to be one of the most exciting teams in college football but it appears that they find a way down the back stretch to fall apart at the worst possible time. That being said I still think with as much talent and speed as they possess, they should be given serious consideration in becoming the 2013 national champion. If you can watch this video and do not get excited then you must not like offensive football.
• Now at 17/2 odds, Ohio State is under rated in my personal opinion and should be considered one of the top favorites to be your next college football national champion. Think about it, they have a really talented football team and a coach who understands the south eastern conference better than the rest of the college football world. If I had to pick the next team to become college footballs national champion it would have to be The Ohio State Buckeyes. They have a quarterback that will be better this coming year than he was last year because he will start to improve his passing skills to go along with his running skills. He definitely has running skills. If you watch this video you will see what I am saying about his running skills.
• At 12/1 odds, we have those bayou bangles from Louisiana State University. Les Miles has to be really good friends with Nick Saban or either they are closely related and we don’t know it because LSU keeps making mistakes in their games against Alabama when they would convert on those opportunities against anyone else. Joking aside, LSU will be one of the top teams in college football as long as Les Miles is their coach. Les understand defense as good as any coach in college football and defense wins football games. LSU will probably come up short this year but still has to be one of the favorites to be the next National Champions. I say that but watch this video and watch them do something that Alabama couldn’t do in 2012.
• Last but not least, at 12/1 odds, we have the Aggie s from Texas A&M. I think that down deep inside all of our hearts we want to see Johnny Football win a NCAA National Championship. He was the first freshman to win the coveted Heisman trophy so in order for us to witness sports immortality he needs to become the 2013 National Champions. Could that be possible for us to witness? If you say probably not then this video is for you. I still don’t believe my eyes and neither does Nick Saban.